Saturday, February 21, 2009

She's a Rider, but . . .


Last Payday at Coal Creek
As performed by Pete Steele.

(That IV chord just kills me every time:)

Bye bye, bye bye, oh, bye bye,
Bye bye, my woman, I'm gone,
Bye bye, my woman, I'm gone.

Payday, it's payday, oh, payday,
Payday at Coal Creek no more,
Payday at Coal Creek no more.

Payday, it's payday, oh, payday,
Payday don't come at Coal Creek no more,
Payday don't come no more.

Miss me, you'll miss me, you'll miss me,
You'll miss me when I'm gone,
You'll miss me when I'm gone.

She's a rider, she's a rider, she's a rider,
She's a rider, but she'll leave that rail sometime,
She's a rider, but she'll leave that rail sometime.

Timing is everything, I think. Pete Steele had it. The "easy riders" of Wall St. didn't. The prophecy in the song came true and they got themselves derailed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites